Thursday, May 1, 2008

Not that I habitually walk into Home Depot just to stare at the power tools.

All I want in life is a 14" band saw.

Actually, that's a blatant lie. I want a lot more things in life than a 14" band saw, like passing my prelims, and finally getting production of my SK3 mutant in cells. But a 14" band saw would be a nice addition, as long as it came along with the space to put a 14" band saw.

In good news, though, I can pick up all the hand tools I need for ~$150, including a collapsible work bench, so if I can get Home Depot to cut wood to the proper size for me, I won't need a 14" band saw (and the space to put it in) to get back to woodworking. Of course, now all I have to do is come up with a spare $150 that isn't earmarked towards food, rent, or my bookbinding supplies.

No comments: