Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So my sister, who is of course awesome (how could she not be? She's related to me), has started an awesome new blog about weddings, or, more specifically, her wedding, which she is trying to put together with the minimum of insanity and the maximum of common sense. The fact that this is complicated enough to write a blog about tells you a lot about weddings, I'm afraid.

And while her blog is certainly amusing, and I'm looking forward to doing my part to help her keep insanity and costs down, all this talk of weddings is making me more and more inclined to swear off boys for ever and ever. Especially because I'm facing the weddings not only of my sister but of Lise, Katie, and Becca/Adam in the next year and a half, which, with Didi already married, leaves only me, Alanna, and Z in the blessed state of not-yet-bound-to-another-person-for-life. (And I'm not sure how close Alanna and Z are to this.) In case you had not picked this up yet, commitment terrifies me. I have trouble just committing to the "getting to the point where you call each other 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend'" part of a relationship. So despite the fact that I really should be thinking about kids in the next four to five years, I still think 24 is WAY TO YOUNG TO GET MARRIED. *twitches*

*goes off and sits in her I'M NOT READY YET corner. alone.*

No comments: